Thursday 27 September 2012

ABSTRACT - things are not always what they appear....

Abstract image.


I began My abstract image by researching images on line. I then began to get a preference for images of normal subjects, but taken in a different way. I wanted to create something within our every day life, only it would have to be a bit more obscure.

Once I had decided on my subject matter I then needed to set the scene. I used a two lighting system. One light either side of the object. I then Turned off the house lights and tested my camera settings. I decided to shoot  in aperture priority and let my camera choose the shutter speed. I adjusted my aperture to F4 and ISO 320. Although it was dark i still had my studio lights on the subjects, This shot is taken on 1/40th second.

I put a slated back dining chair in front of one of the lights to create shadows. I placed the mushrooms in a tray in a random fashion. My original picture above was supposed to look like mushrooms in a sunny woodland. I took many shots moving the light and chair to get different effects. Eventually I decided to use part of the image and not the whole thing.  I then used the diffused glow in photo shop to soften the image and adjusted the saturation.
I am happy with the final image and intend to do more images in this style.

No comments: