Thursday 20 September 2012

Kandinsky's 'My dining room'




Kandinsky’s  ‘My Dining Room’

Just my opinion.......

This painting i feel represents the time it was painted, The colours are extremely bright but to me represent a bright country garden. I like the old bottle green on the Victorian radiator and around the door frames . The shading in the connecting rooms and the ceiling give good perspective.

The lines give the painting great perspective too, and the break in the colours around the the door frame give a greater understanding of a different space.

The paintings has different textures, The main dining room is quite bold and blotchy  -  the room  going off to the left is very soft as though being lit by a soft evening sun – the room at the far back has very angular shapes but textures are much flatter.

Your eye is drawn to the left of the painting. Most of the lines of the painting are drawn towards the far room at the left – Your eye wanders along the lines of the table in front of the sideboard.
I would think this work was early 1900s as Kandinsky becomes more abstract as time went on.

I really like this painting it reminds me of Lachapelle’s dolls house portraiture ( i think it’s the bright colours)

No comments: